• Our entire site – yes even our woods – are securely fenced. The main site entrance has electric gates and a CCTV video entry system. All outdoor areas are covered by 24-hour recorded CCTV.
• Children are only collected by named people, this is first discussed during settling in and is confirmed in one of our many induction forms. Staff keep a daily record of collection arrangements of all children as they are dropped off in the morning.
• Risk assessments are carried out regularly and include areas of our curriculum such as pets, forest school, soft play and outdoor areas.
• The nursery is cleaned thoroughly every night to prevent the spread of germs and to keep an optimum clean environment to protect the children so they can enjoy their play safely. All toys are cleaned regularly.
• We recognise that parents’ main worry when leaving their child is often the people they are leaving them with. Child Protection is of paramount concern at all times. My motto when recruiting staff is “I will not employ anyone I would not be happy to leave my own children with”. In fact, both my children attended Carol Jane Nursery for three years each. In addition, three current members of staff, as well as previous members, all chose Carol Jane Nursery for their childcare before gaining employment with us. All staff go through a rigorous recruitment process to ensure we employ only the best of the best.
• Visitors to the nursery must be planned in advance, cold callers are never allowed entry to the building.
• Hinge finger guards are fitted to all doors to prevent injuries caused by fingers being caught in closing doors.
Copyright. Carol Jane Nursery. 2015